Surprise, I DO Take Care of Shantelle…
I arrived at the office today, on the way having felt like I am getting sick and should have stayed in bed. I set myself up do some little things to get comfy before starting on my edits on my chapter, and I realize I am really getting a headache. I check my desk drawer with the remote thought that I left myself some ibuprofen recently. No ibuprofen bottle, but a little square can from some of my favorite candies. I pick it up and something shakes inside. Open. It is ibuprofen! Surprise! I left myself a pain-relieving present in a happy little decorative can! Damn, I am good. I DO look out for myself here and there.
This little discovery inspired me to write a few more things down that I have done for myself in the past 24 hours.
– put myself in bed at 10pm last night, and took something to help me sleep before that.
– made myself a great whole oats breakfast yesterday, and then made myself a super-delicious quinoa mix in acorn squash for dinner. I was so full after stuffing my lone face with that that I couldn’t even lay down comfortably.
– I let myself watch a movie last night when I felt I was getting too tired to think.
– I gave myself 15 mins of good meditation time yesterday morning.
– I have been reading “The Joy of Living: Unlocking the Secret and Science of Happiness” every night before I go to sleep. (I don’t ever read for pleasure before bed…)
– I gave myself time.
– I have not let myself do laundry in procrastination.
– I dressed up very nice for my friend’s wedding party the other day.
– I gave myself warmth and comfort before going to school today. And brought myself a great lunch.