Cold Feb. 12, 2012
I enjoy studying ideas more when I know about the history/life of the person that authored them, thought of it…
I always come back to language; it is one of the interests I have that does not feel much like work. It feels like I am growing almost every moment I am focusing on it. As opposed to writing for school, where I only feel the growth a few times a year.
Thankful for today:
– my comfy bed.
– that there is a life outside of alcohol, even the non-alcoholic can lose that perspective when she is around the drinking alcoholic for too long.
– years of life without ‘knowing’ alcoholism
– honest desire for inner peace
– homemade cheesy crackers, bento boxes
Not thankful for
– personal emotional negative loops
– bone-chilling cold weather when I am not in good enough shape to stay warm
– failure to ‘live’ given the freedoms I have right now
– bad quality kitchen appliances that are just meant to make money for Black & Decker
– fear, low self-esteem